Roasted Carrot & Potato Salad
Pairs Well With
- 3 pounds small new or purple potatoes, rinsed
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 green onions, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup crème fresh
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes and carrots in a large ovenproof dish or baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, using hands to coat the vegetables. Roast for 1 hour or so .
- Remove from oven and cool. Quarter potatoes and cut carrots into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces. Place in a large, nonreactive bowl. Add tomatoes.
- To prepare the dressing, combine green onions, basil, tarragon, citrus juices, sour cream, mustard, honey, and whisk thoroughly. Add olive oil in a slow drizzle while whisking. Season to taste.
- Add dressing to potato mixture and mix thoroughly to coat vegetables. Season to taste. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, covered, before serving. Serve at room temperature.