Spice Roasted Chickpeas
Pairs Well With
Serves 4-6 as a snack
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1-2 teaspoons
Flavor combinations-your choice of seasonings:
- 1 T cumin, fresh parsley, 1/2 t kosher salt, 1 t olive oil
- 1 T smoked paprika, 1 t kosher salt, 1 t olive oil
- 1 T chili powder, 1/2 T lime juice, 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 T kosher salt, 2 t garam masala
- 1 T brown sugar, 1 T rosemary, 1/8 t cayenne pepper, 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 T sugar, 1 t cinnamon, 1 t olive oil. Drizzle with honey.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blot beans dry with paper towel and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss with a teaspoon or two of olive oil and roast for 30 minutes until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix spices and the tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Toss hot chickpeas into the spice mixture.
- Let cool and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days