Back to Recipes
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced thin crosswise
• 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (about 4 packed cups)
• Ground black pepper
1. Bring broth, potatoes, and bay leaf to boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Using potato masher, coarsely break up potatoes, leaving some large chunks.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook kielbasa, stirring frequently, until lightly browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Add leeks and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
3. Add potato mixture and kale to Dutch oven and simmer until kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper and serve.
Pedroncelli Winery ~ A Sonoma County Tradition Since 1927