Back to Recipes
A simple side salad with lots of flavor usually lets the main
dish shine. And this salad goes well with our Chardonnay!
- 1 small head of red lettuce, cleaned and torn in to bite size
- 1 head of radicchio, cleaned and torn into bite size
- 1 medium sized shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt, Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the lettuce and radicchio in a salad bowl. In a food
processor, add the garlic and pulse for 10 seconds; add shallot,
pulse for 10 seconds. Add mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Process and add olive oil through the top. You’ll have extra
dressing and it is delicious the next day. All you need now is a
loaf of crusty French bread to complete the meal.
Pedroncelli Winery ~ A Sonoma County Tradition Since 1927