Back to Recipes
1) 6-7 cups fruit: berries, frozen or fresh; or stone fruit, skins removed and sliced; pears or apples, cored, skinned and (apples--sliced thinly) or a combination thereof.
1 cup sugar or to taste
2 T flour
2) 1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 t baking powder
½ t salt
1 egg, well beaten
3) 6 T unsalted butter, melted
Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
Use 8 inch square pan-- no need to grease the pan.
1) Prepare the fruit and lightly toss with sugar and flour. Pour into pan.
2) In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a whisk. Pour egg over flour mixture and stir together with a fork—mix until you have pea sized clumps but do it quickly. Sprinkle flour/egg mixture over fruit.
3) Drizzle melted butter over the top and put in oven. Bake in middle of oven for 40-50 minutes. Top should be very golden brown and set. Sometimes it takes up to 60 minutes to bake. Cover with foil if needed to prevent scorching the crust.
4) Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
Pedroncelli Winery ~ A Sonoma County Tradition Since 1927